St. Ann School is currently accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year. The main entrance point for St. Ann students is PreK3 (student must be 3 years old by September 1 of the year they enroll), however we welcome applicants at any grade level. Admission to Grades K-8 will be determined both by capacity availability and a comprehensive review of the student’s academic standing. Applicants must be in good academic, disciplinary and financial standing in their current school for their admission to be considered.
Thank you for considering St. Ann School! We look forward to reviewing your Application for Admission. The success of our school is in the strength of our families who wish to embrace and enhance the relationship we have with the St. Ann Parish and Lansing communities. We welcome families who share our vision for an exemplary Catholic education and all that comes with it.
Please complete the Application and submit along with the following documentation and fees:
- Original birth certificate
- Original baptismal certificate
- Copy of most recent report card if transferring into Grades 1-8
- Educational School Report (to be filled out by the current/past school of all transfer students)
- Application fee ($150 per family)
Application Considerations for New/Transfer Students
The following factors will be considered in determining priority for admission:
- Children with a sibling currently enrolled in the school
- Families who are practicing, registered parishioners of St. Ann Parish
(Practicing parishioners consistently attend Mass, send their children to St. Ann School or Religious Education, and support the parish by the use of Sunday envelopes throughout their years of enrollment at St. Ann School.)
- Families who are practicing, registered parishioners of neighboring Catholic churches
- Non-Catholic families willing to pay the non-parishioner tuition rate and have their children participate in and fulfill all religious curriculum requirements, including faith study, liturgical, and prayer life of the school
For transfer students, parents are required to submit the Education Report page found in the Application to their child’s previous school for completion. The report asks for most recent standardized test scores and report cards, as well as for attendance and conduct information. Parents will be notified of acceptance and provided with materials to complete registration if space is available at the requested grade level.
Age of Admission
A child entering school must be in compliance with the age requirements of the State of Illinois. Children must have their birthday on or before September 1 of the current school year.
- PreK – 3 years old on/before September 1
- Kindergarten – 5 years old on/before September 1
St. Ann School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national origin in the administration of admissions and educational policies, financial aid, or other school-related activities. Demographic information (i.e., race) is requested for Archdiocesan reporting purposes. It is not used in the admission decision.